This is a remarkable patch as there are changes and fixes to various aspects of the game. Splatfests, player controls, multiplayer, salmon run, and single-player have all been changed in one way or another.
One aspect worth noting is that Nintendo has adjusted the frequency of Tricolor Battle, and from the perspective of the defending team, they will be triggered a little less frequently than before. However, Nintendo says the change is “temporary”.
The complete patch notes for Splatoon 3 update 1.1.1 are as follows:
- The frequency of three-color battles has been adjusted. From the perspective of the defending team, they will trigger a little less frequently than before.
Changes to the player controls
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to jump further than usual with the Squid Throw by making a specific entrance while loading Squid Surge.
- Fixed bugs that occurred during a long game without exiting the software, such as incorrectly firing the player’s main weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the player could move on the water surface or stand on water while moving fast. For example, when performing Dodge with Splat Dualies.
Multiplayer Game Changes
- Fixed an issue where connection errors would occur frequently at the end of battles due to the connection environment.
- Fixed an issue with Bloblobber where the collision detection of the third and fourth spots in a single salvo would become very small.
- Fixed an issue where money and experience were not awarded under certain circumstances when a battle ended prematurely due to a lack of players.
- Fixed an issue where the player would not be able to cancel matchmaking in some modes when not enough other players had accumulated. Matchmaking will now be automatically canceled after the specified time has elapsed.
- Fixed an issue in the Sturgeon Shipyard where it was possible to enter the back side of some drawbridges.
Changes to the salmon paddock
- Fixed an issue where connection failures would occur frequently at the end of tasks due to the connection environment.
- Fixed an issue with Mudmouth Blast events where Mudmouths moved unintentionally.
- Fixed an issue where some players with identical titles were considered “rank supporters” and would not score ranking points.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash continuously while damaging submerged Maws with certain special weapons.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being trapped in the scene.
- Fixed an issue where, at the end of a battle, the number of Grizzco Points earned was displayed as less than the number actually added to the saved data, causing the player to be unable to claim their rewards.
- Fixed an issue where messages at the start of Wave 3 could change depending on whether King Salmonid appeared or not.
Story Mode Changes
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a communication error in the middle of a certain scene after clearing the final stage and the player returning to the square.
- After cleaning, cutouts can be viewed by removing the last step again.
- When this error occurs, the last step is treated as deleted and can be skipped from the pause menu when trying again.
- Fixed an issue when first starting the game where the game could get stuck and not transition from a black screen after yellow and blue ink mixed together.
- Fixed an issue when downloading a battle replay that would sometimes cause the game to stop developing.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to freeze when updating the schedule when trying to join a friend.
- Fixed a rare crash when the player visited the store.
- Fixed an issue that could cause a communication error when replacing hardware in the Store.
- Fixed an issue where a connection error could occur when purchasing weapons. The player appears to have a weapon despite not being able to buy it, which would result in a connection error if the player tried to join the battle.
As this update patch focuses on Splatfest-related changes and fixes bugs that can significantly impact game progress, we prioritized its release.
Please note that Tricolor Battle frequency changes are only temporary. For now, there will be a bit more cases where players chose the Tri-Color Battle, but would instead be placed in a Battle for Turf. In the future, the specs for matchmaking for Splatfest will continue to be adjusted and this issue will be fixed. We plan to introduce these changes with the new season starting in December.
For the next patch, we will mainly focus on balance adjustments and other issues that were beyond the scope of the current patch.
We continue to observe and analyze the battle data, and plan to make adjustments in the middle of this season.
All players can download the new game update now.